Welcome to Our Church
First Presbyterian Church of Allen is a small, family friendly church worshiping and serving in the Allen area. We have Worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30am. Holy Communion is celebrated on the First Sunday of the month and all who have been baptized in the name of our Lord are welcome at our table. Our mission is to glorify God through worship and prayer, bring people to Jesus and into fellowship with His family, develop disciples to Christ-like maturity, and equip them for their ministry in the church and life mission in the world. Please join us for worship and fellowship this week! You are always welcome!
Local churches, FPC Allen included, are getting ready for our first Adopt-a-School projects: Boyd Breakfast Buddies and Rountree Lunch Bunch. Volunteers from our community will be going into Boyd during breakfast to be a welcoming face, listening ear, and over-all friend to students. Volunteers will also be going in during the lunch periods at Rountree to assist the cafeteria workers by interacting with the kids and keeping them occupied after they finish eating. Card games will be provided, but personal interaction is what is suggested.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
· First you will need to create a login at: https://ahsweb.allenisd.org/winocular/workspace/, and then complete the volunteer application. If you are already approved or are an employee or student of AISD, please notify Pastor Kelly of your interest in serving.
· An email confirmation with your approval will be sent within 24 hours – you will need to forward this email to Pastor Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
o What if I don’t have email or Internet? Come into the church office and Jaime will help you complete this process – the confirmation email will be sent directly to Pastor Kelly.
· The Adopt-a-School liaisons from each church will be meeting on Thursday, April 9th and they will receive the sign-up link for both Boyd and Rountree. Everyone who has received volunteer approval will be sent the links by their church liaison via email or snail mail.
· Once you receive the link you will be able to sign up for as many days as you want. Email reminders will be sent directly to you.
o But, I don’t have email or Internet? Jaime will help you sign up for slots if you come into the church office!
· There will be an orientation led by the staff at both Schools for all volunteers the week of April 27-May 1st. You will be notified when those orientations have been set.
· The start date is Monday, May 4th and we will continue through Friday, June 6th. Get ready to smile, laugh and have a great time building relationships in our community!
Click here for more information!